What’s in the box.
Power Cord, Wheels, Power Supply & CPU Boards
Cryo 5 Hose
Cryo 5 Unit
Cryo 5 Filter
Frequently Asked Questions
When you purchase a Refurbished Cryo 5 unit you should expect:
- Substantial Savings
- A fully functional unit with complete documentation
- The assurance that the unit meets CryoTec’s premiere quality standards, and that the defective parts have been replaced or repaired by genuine Zimmer MedizinSystems components
Each Refurbished Cryo 5 unit:
- is fully tested (SO1, SO7, SO6, SO3, SO4, Power Board, CPU Board, Refrigeration System)
- is refurbished with replacement parts for any defective elements identified in testing
- is put through a thorough cleaning process and inspection
- is repackaged
- is placed into a Final QA inspection and Tests prior to being added to sellable refurbished stock
Refurbished Zimmer Cryo 5 chillers are pre-owned Cryo 5 units that undergo a stringent refurbishment process prior to being offered for sale. While only some Cryo units are returned or exchanged due to technical issues, all units undergo the same stringent quality refurbishment process.
The Refurbished Cryo 5 units are pre-owned, and the item has been used previously. The item may have some signs of cosmetic wear, but is fully operational and functions as intended. Please view photos for exterior condition of Refurbished Zimmer Cryo chiller.
The Cryo 5 from Zimmer MedizinSystems is the first generation of Zimmer Cryo units. This laser cooler uses refrigeration elements to cool down ambient room air to a therapeutical air stream of around -30c. The air stream can be delivered continuously during a laser treatment or injection, and can adjusted by selecting from one of the six therapy fan speeds. The Cryo 5 requires no consumables or disposables to operate.
The Cryo 5 primarily consists of a CPU and Power Board, Compressor, Evaporator, Condenser, Condenser Fan, Filter, and Therapy Fan. The Cryo 5 offers a closed looped refrigeration system, with refrigerate R507.
For more information on the Cryo 5 please visit the Cryo 5 Page or call 1-800-530-8041.
The Refurbished Cryo 5 chillers can cost anywhere from $3100 – $4000. Depending on what parts were replaced or repaired, and what is included with the purchase, such as hose, focusing tip, and articulating arm. The Refurbished Cryo 5 chillers come with a 90 day warranty.
A New Cryo 6 is $6,550 with 2 years of warranty. The customer can also buy a New Cryo 6 with 3 years of warranty for $6,850.
The purchase of this Refurbished Cryo 5 unit includes a Refurbished Cryo 5 unit, 6 Feet Treatment Hose, Filter, Condensation Collector Bucket, Wheels, Power Cord, Display, 6 Fan Speeds, Warranty, and Operator’s Manual.
This Refurbished Cryo 5 unit for sale comes with a 90 day warranty. During the warranty period, CryoTec will return the customer’s unit to their facility for repair at their expense. Internal Parts, labor, and shipping are covered during the warranty period. The warranty does not cover misuse, failure to perform routine maintenance or customer damage. CryoTec may repair or replace the Refurbished Cryo 5 cooler at their discretion during this period.
Seller believes to the best of the Seller’s knowledge that the Zimmer Cryo 5 being sold is in good operating condition. Said Zimmer Cryo 5 is otherwise sold in “as is” condition. The buyer acknowledges buying the goods “as and where is” completely at the Buyer’s risk and promises not to make any claims against the seller based upon alleged express or implied representations, warranties, or collateral agreements as to the merchantability of the goods or as to their fitness for any particular purpose or as to their safe use. The Buyer signifies his/ her understanding of this sale by providing payment in full, and further holds Seller harmless of any physical or financial harm that may result from this transaction.
If in stock, a Refurbished Cryo 5 cooler can ship as fast as next day. Free shipping is offered to customers at the time of checkout along with overnight shipping. The cost for overnight shipping is an additional $195. Depending on the customer’s location, the timeframe for delivery with the Free Shipping option is generally 2- 5 business days after payment is received. Overnight delivery is either next day or next day +1 depending on customer’s location and time of order / payment is received.
There are two basic maintenance requirements for the Cryo 5 units:
1. Vacuum the filter every 140 hours of operation – The Cryo 5 Filter is located on the back of the unit, and should be vacuumed at minimum every 140 hours of operation. For best practice we recommended the customer clean the filter weekly. You can clean the filter by taking a hand held vacuum and gently go over the filter with it on. By regularly vacuuming the filter you will prevent unwanted debris and dust particles from entering the unit, and will allow the filter to filter the air more efficiently.
2. Empty the condensation collector as it gets full – The condensation collector is located on the back of the Cryo 5 unit below the filter, and collects condensed water from the evaporator. The condensation collector needs to be emptied as the container becomes full. There is a built in sensor and warning light that will become illuminated on the display screen when the container is full. When this occurs remove the container and red stopper and than drain the condensed water.
There are NO consumables required to operator the Cryo 5 unit. The Cryo 5 unit has a closed loop refrigeration system.
The Cryo 5 and Cryo 6 have the ability of delivering -30c air versus -10c for a Cryo Mini. The Cryo Mini should be used for treatments that are short in duration, under 30 minutes. The Cryo 6 and Cryo 5 can be used for treatments that are short and long in duration. The Cryo 6 has all day cooling capability. The Cryo Mini has a smaller footprint compared to the Cryo 6 and Cryo 5. The Cryo 5 is taller in height than compared to the Cryo Mini and Cryo 6, and lacks the glass table top.
A New Cryo Mini can be purchased with either a one or two year warranty, and a New Cryo 6 with a two, three, or four year warranty. A Refurbished Cryo 5 comes with a 90 day warranty.
The Cryo 6 and Cryo Mini are the two Zimmer Chillers in production. The Cryo 5 hasn’t been manufactured for over 9 years, the Cryo 6 has replaced the Cryo 5. The Cryo 5 has six therapy speeds while both the Cryo Mini and Cryo 6 have nine therapy speeds. All the Zimmer Chillers have a six feet treatment hose, filter, condensation collector bucket, and optional articulating arm. These Zimmer Coolers require no consumables or disposables to operate, and can deliver a cold stream or air before, during, and after most laser treatments.
Please visit the Zimmer Chiller’s Comparison Page for additional information or call (800) 530-8041 with questions.
The customer can pay by American Express, Visa, MasterCard, PayPal, ACH, Wire Transfers, Purchase Orders, and/ or Bank Check. Purchased items only ship once payment is received.